Avery Dooley & Noone, LLP represents clients in employment-related litigation before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, as well as in arbitration and mediation. Our attorneys have years of experience in all phases of employment litigation, training, counseling, and dispute resolution.
As a firm comprised of attorneys who have tried cases in federal and state courtrooms across the United States, our employment law practice combines our trial skills with knowledge of the issues employers now face. Our extensive trial experience helps us handle cases involving:
- State and federal disciplinary matters and wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
- Whistleblowing and Prohibited Personnel Actions
- Defamation and other tort claims
- Defense of wage and hour claims
- Compliance with state and federal employment laws, employment agreements, executive contracts, severance agreements, and non-competition agreements
- Enforcement of court decisions and settlement agreements
- Risk management and anti-raiding
- Privacy and security programs
- Trade secret protection and confidentiality programs
- Workplace training, handbooks, manuals, policies, procedures, and practices
- Security clearances
- Disability retirement and forced retirement
Seminars and Training
We have been retained by several types of employers to conduct seminars and training for supervisors and managers in the workplace. Topics include equal employment opportunity laws, sexual harassment, supervisory training skills, maintaining a workplace environment free of claims and liability, proper and lawful interviews, and performance evaluations. We can also create custom training materials to address the needs of individual employers.
The team at Avery Dooley & Noone is available to supervise, coordinate, or conduct internal investigations. Our attorneys also assist in planning for terminations and downsizing and in drafting and negotiating employment contracts and severance agreements. To schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, call (617) 489-5300 or fill out our online form.