Federal Employment Law - California
Need Federal Employment Help? Contact Us Today!
Federal Employment Lawyers in California:
Navigating the Complex Landscape of Federal Laws
If you’re a federal employee in California, finding your way through the complex world of employment laws can be daunting. This is where federal employment lawyers in California come into play. They are essential for ensuring your rights are protected and guiding you through intricate legal processes.
California MSPB, EEOC & OWCP Attorneys
At Avery Dooley & Noone, LLP, our expertise lies in providing robust legal representation to federal employees and labor unions throughout California. Our practice is focused on several key areas:
- Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB): We offer a strong defense for federal employees undergoing disciplinary actions or investigations. Our experienced attorneys are adept at representing clients in MSPB hearings, particularly in cases involving discipline or potential removal. We understand the nuances of MSPB procedures and work tirelessly to ensure your rights are protected.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): We advocate for employees facing discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or wrongful termination in their federal jobs.
- Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (OWCP): Navigating work-related injury claims and appeals is complex. We’re here to guide you through it.
- Federal Labor Law: We provide legal representation for labor unions and their individual members, assisting in various issues, including disputes, grievances, and the collective bargaining process.
Federal Laws Protecting Workers
Understanding federal laws is crucial for protecting your rights as a federal employee. Some key laws include:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: This law prohibits employment discrimination based on race, age, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- COBRA: Ensures continued health insurance coverage after leaving a job.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Protects employees with disabilities and prohibits discrimination based on association with a disabled person.
Common Reasons for Termination of Federal Employees
Federal agencies can only terminate or discipline employees for cause. Common reasons include chronic tardiness, refusal to accept reassignment, conflict of interest, or failure to meet employment conditions. If you’re facing such issues in California, consulting a federal employment lawyer is crucial.
The Critical Role of Deadlines in Federal Employment Claims
In federal employment claims, timelines are critical and usually shorter. For instance, discrimination complaints with the EEOC have deadlines ranging from 180 to 300 days. Missing these deadlines can have significant consequences.
How Avery Dooley & Noone, LLP, Can Assist You
At Avery Dooley & Noone, LLP, we understand the complexities of federal employment law, especially in California. Our experienced team of federal employment lawyers in California is committed to protecting your rights and guiding you through the legal maze. Whether you’re facing disciplinary action, dealing with workplace discrimination, or navigating workers’ compensation claims, we are here to help. Our versatile and multi-disciplinary approach ensures that your case is handled with the utmost care and professionalism. Remember, when it comes to federal employment issues in California, Avery Dooley & Noone, LLP, is your trusted partner.
Call our federal employment lawyers today for a Free Consultation. 617-489-5300.
The information on these pages is summary in nature and for general purposes only. None of this information is meant to serve as a substitute for legal advice. Please contact us to speak to one of our attorneys about your particular problem so we can assist you.